Looking to teach, but not in a classroom setting? This could be the perfect position for you. This is a unique teaching position in a community-based instructional program! We are looking for a teacher to work with our team of Community Support Staff providing instruction with individual students in community settings.
- Based on openings for 2022-2023 at community-based programs – Edgewood, Anne Arundel or Catonsville
We are seeking an experienced teacher who is excited to help expand the Community-Based instructional program and materials at the high school level. The ideal candidate possesses pedagogical expertise, an understanding of academic standards, attention to detail and the belief that every child is capable of greatness.
- Requires a willingness to travel across local counties during the school day in own personal vehicle
- Responsible for overseeing instruction across multiple high school subject areas
- Developing academic and/or work experience program(s) to meet the student’s academic/vocational needs as stated in the objectives of the student’s IEP
- Planning, implementing and evaluating individual and small group instruction, as appropriate
- Assessing student academic skills and behavioral skills in collaboration with Community Support Staff members, program therapists and administrators
- Reporting student progress
- Maintaining student records
- Developing student IEP goals and objectives
*MUST be willing to transport students in own vehicle AND have an insured vehicle, valid driver’s license and safe driving record.
- Bachelor’s in Special Education with an emphasis on emotional and/or behavioral disabilities
- Meet Maryland state teacher’s certification requirements or Bachelor’s degree with commitment to obtain and maintain certification which meet Maryland state teacher’s certification requirements
- Student teaching or two years of successful teaching experience working with students with emotional and behavior disabilities preferred.
- 100% employer-paid health insurance for employee
- paid 10-days sick and 5-days personal leave
- $1000 continuing education reimbursement
- 10-month position with option to work during the summer ESY program
To apply for this job please visit goo.gl.